December 7, 2007

Who Is She?

There was something different in me the next few days, even though I could scarcely remember the act itself. I was a man now. More than I'd ever been before. And I found it hard to wipe the grin off my face.

That's when I saw the Singer again. She was with another woman... "Tal, Kazhuye! This is Kaioba. Kaioba, Kazhuye. Get down off that kaiila and come be social."

I looked them both over with a grin as I slid down from Necessity's saddle. I'd tethered him good and tight to one of the wagon wheels there... on the off chance I'd run in to that crabby Cana woman again. The one who likes to yell at me everytime she sees me.

How interesting it was the way Cana suddenly hurried right over then, just the very moment she saw me... and with some little kid in her arms too. It may be a strange thing to think... but I'm almost positive she was hoping Necessity would trample that little kid she had in her arms. She seemed real disappointed too, when she saw me tethering Necessity. And here last time she was yellin', she seemed so gung-ho to make it appear as if she really cared about all the Tuchuk children.

I stayed clean away from her, thinkin' she must have a few too many dustballs and cobwebs cloggin up her mind. She never looks happy. Never smiles, that I can see. But oh well... enough of her.

I hunkered down near the fire, right between T'zuri and Kaioba. You know... to be social and stuff. And that's when the two women got some bug in their underpants... poking me and asking who she was.

"Who is who?"

"Your new girlfriend, Kazhuye.
Who is she?" Both of them started to laugh and poke me some more.

"I ain't got no girlfriend."

"C'mon, we can tell by the look on your face. Can't we?" Kaioba winked at T'zuri, sending secret subliminal code back and forth to each other.

"Yes we can. So who is she, Kazhuye. We want to meet her."

"Well you can't meet her!" I was getting irritated by now. "I mean... there is no woman to meet!"

They were relentless with their laughing and poking, until I finally got up and left them. Bah! Who needs that? "C'mon, Necessity. Let's go home."