December 4, 2007

Facing The Music

It took more than half a day to finally reach the Tuchuk wagons, and yet I urged Necessity to run faster. Faster and faster still. We didn't slow up one bit once we reached the obstacle of wagons. It was for the First Wagons I was headed. We charged right in, Necessity and I, and lept right over the big dung fire in the midst. It didn't take so long for me to find the Singer... because she screamed and threw herself down to the ground right along with another woman, scattering out of the way of Necessity's clawed feet.

"Kazhuye! What are you doing here?"

I'd come back to be a man. Wasn't it obvious?

"T'zuri, I'm here to offer my wagons to you. And your two mamas, too. You know... just in case..." Just in case your reputation is tarnished beyond repair. Just in case... you wanna be my woman.

"Just in case what, Kazhuye?" She looked kinda mad at me as she and the other gal dragged themselves off the ground and brushed dirt off their faces and dresses.

"Well you know... just in case... you got nowhere else to go, Singer." Damn! She's hard to talk to. I keep tryin' to tell her... how much I kinda like her. But she makes it so hard.

"Well, thank you, Kazhuye. But I would never dream of it." She smiled when she said this to me. Smiled on the outside... but she was laughing on the inside. You're the last man on Gor I'd ever wanna be with. Hahahahahahaa!

Right soon after that, the older woman, Cana, who likes to yell at me... got in my face and started yellin' at me again. Something about my poorly trained kaiila and endangering small children.

I wasn't meanin' no disrepect but I didn't quite hear much of what she was saying. She just kept getting right between me and T'zuri... cutting us off.

"I do appologize, ma'am... Necessity ain't used to bein' around old ladies."

I never saw an angrier, twisted up face in all my life. What? What did I do wrong, now? When I tried to look past her again... T'zuri was already long gone.