December 22, 2007

Hunting For Frevets

I wasn't the only one baffled and scratching my head as I laid several traps in the snow while my drinking buddies... drank. And gave advice. "Move that one further away, Kazhuye. They might be smart buggers and realize you got all these traps too close together."

By sundown and no luck, the others were about ready to ride back home. It was a fruitless dumb thing to sit out in the snow all day and freeze their asses off... for some kinda rodent. They couldn't make no sense of it. And I of course, wasn't divulging the reason either. They might've wailed on me for being all smitten. You know... beat some sense into me or something.

"You all go on ahead." And no sooner had I said that, one of the traps snapped and kicked up a few snow flurries. It was followed by a small feral... hiss and growl. Not one... but two of them!

"What the fuck was that?" Of course, now they were suddenly interested. And it was Cornwall who was the first one over to the sprung trap. Chuckling once his curiosity was sated.

Geiger and I soon caught up, as the three of us stood looking down. "Looks like ya got you a pair of giani kitties, Kazhuye." He slapped me on the back, forcing a cough from my lungs as he laughed and slapped his thigh.