November 20, 2007

Keeping Watch

.
I could not make her sleep outside. Nor could I take her home to her own wagon in such a compromised state, (even if I knew where it was!) Who would ever believe me that nothing happened? Come to think of it, I wasn't sure I wanted people's disbelief. Especially Cornwall's! No, it was best she stayed here and out of site. That way no one asked any questions that I'd have to explain. And that way, neither of our reputations were laid to the line.



I reached over and closed the fur around the Singer to hide her nakedness before glancing around to make sure no one had seen what she'd just done. Somehow... I knew I would be blamed for getting the woman drunk and taking advantage of her. And damn! She sure was pretty without her clothes on. Prettier than I ever imagined she'd be. Not that I have been undressing her in my mind all the time since I've known her... because I haven't! At least... I don't think I have.

From the doorway I watched T'zuri sleep for quite a long time it seemed. And all the while I could not get the image of her... nakedness... out of my head. Nor that fact that she was naked in my bed. My bed! Naked.