November 18, 2007

Girl, Don't Cry

.
The Singer started to cry. I mean really cry... like a girl! It made me uneasy suddenly, because I have no clue what to say to a crying girl.

"Stop crying, T'zuri." I feel like a damn heel now, and I didn't mean to knock you down. Actually, I didn't do it! Necessity did! It was right about then that the leather worker came bounding up the stream, trying to stab at fish in the dark with a knife. I'm positive there are much more efficient ways to catch a fish.



The Singer just cried harder, even though I did my best to apologize for knocking her down. And yet the very moment the newcomer approached, Necessity bobbed his big head down and knocked the singer right over into the icy cold stream. Sometimes I get the feeling my kaiila is a bit possessive of the Singer. But then... nah! Can't be. He dislikes women almost more than I do!

I reached down and pulled the Singer from the water immediately. And well... that sudden frigid plunge sure stopped her from crying. But now she was in danger of freezing. Hypothermia, I think the Healers call it. Just as I had turned to tug the saddle blanket off Necessity's brawny back, the leather worker was stripping off his clothes. And I'm certain he was trying to impress T'zuri with his flexing. But her lips had begun to turn blue and I think she was already finding it hard just to keep her eyes open.

The leather worker left, stating he had some important business to attend to, and gave T'zuri his shirt as a parting gift souvenir. But within moments, it too became soaked when she wrapped it over her leather skirt and tunic.