October 9, 2007

The Singer's Song

"The ear of his kaiila is notched," I said to Grunt. "Is that an eccentric mutilation or is it deliberate, perhaps meaningful?"

"It is meaningful," said Grunt. "It marks the kaiila as a prize animal, one especially trained for the hunt and war." (Savages of Gor)



"Im not going to ride with you in the same saddle, Kazhuye."

I was a bit confused, I admit. And I withdrew my hand. I would not offer it again.

"But come down here and be civil." She smiled at me, though I had no desire to get down. I liked being up high, for the moment. High enough that I am above the song she sings, even when she makes no sound.

Perhaps it is because she sings it for another... this song that is written upon her. No, not to please the Sky. But to another who is under the Sky.