September 12, 2007

Herds

"Are the bosk well?"
"As well as can be."
(Nomads of Gor)


Winter comes soon. Before we head north with the bosk herd, their grazing territory widens. I and the others must ride out now as far as the eye can see, and even farther as we near the Cartius and the lands of the Kassar. It is a time we must ensure our herds do not stray into their herds, lest there be war between us over grazing land.

When I returned back to the wagon camp tonight, I met with Mayala and T'zuri near the stream as I led my kaiila to drink. Necessity found their chatter most annoying
and tried to hurry me along with an extra push. I however, decided I would linger a little while and talk to the women. T'zuri was singing a song about the gray skies and rain, and I did my best to distract Mayala with compliments. I intend to win the wager... despite the feeling I have that T'zuri and Sakmeta have conspired to cheat. But that is how women are. And why Necessity and I have so little use for them.

Women, as with the bosk grazing, need to be herded and kept in line, where they
belong. It is said that many a war has been waged, not only over bosk... but women as well.